Kompas.com – Food is safe to eat, besides containing the nutritional value, should be free from biological hazards, chemical hazards, as well as physical objects that can be detrimental to health. Therefore, needed food containers yng appropriate measures to ensure food safety and feasibility.
The habit of putting food in the open in a long time will also cause taste and nutritional value decreases.
“A lot of vitamins that are not resistant or sensitive to external factors, such as weather, air, or light so that the flavor and aroma change,” said Prof.Dr.Made Astawan, nutrition experts from the Institut Pertanian Bogor.
Another danger that threatens the food product is a food infection and food intoxication caused by bacteria or microbes. “When the food was infected and then ingested in the human stomach, can cause symptoms of poisoning,” he explained.
To maintain the durability of food, it is recommended to keep food in proper containers. “Keeping the lifetime of the food is not always be with preservatives. Containers will also slow damage to proper food,” explained Prof. Dr.Purwiyatno Hariyadi, an expert in food technology from the IPB.
Appropriate container will also prevent contamination of insects, microbes, also influence the weather. However, not all containers can be used to pack food.
“The main thing is safe for food or included in a food grade, not toxic, protection from odor, prevent contamination, and easily opened and closed again,” explained Purwiyatno in educating the media event of the Healthy Food Storage Containers and hosted by Fresh PT.Lock & Lock Indonesia.
Today the use of plastic food packaging materials dominate. Some studies indicate that dangerous chemicals such as plastics bisphenol (BPA) and phthalates. Food container is also ideally airtight and water.
Besides choosing a container, according Purwiyatno, which need to be considered is the external conditions. “The temperature of space and cleanliness of the environment also affects the storage of food preservation,” he said.
The recommended temperature for storing food is less than 5 degrees to keep food cold and above 60 degrees Celsius for hot food. “Temperature is safe enough to prevent bacteria,” said Made in the same opportunity.
* Usefulness Laughter for Health
* GramediaShop: Perfect Circle
* GramediaShop: Football
KOMPAS.com – Laughter is one off the best and easiest way to drive away the daily stress that often interfere with our health. That is, the more we laugh, the healthier our bodies and minds.
Old thinking says we laugh only if there is something funny. Plus, not everyone is a born humorist. Humorous or not, it is determined by genes. Yet, the fact is not so. Recent studies show laughter could be trained and performed every day. This is the opinion of Lee Berk, Loma Linda University scientist.
Through his research, Berk concluded that laughter is not separated or who had previously anticipated still have healthy benefits, which reduce levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) by 26 percent.
In addition, laughter may also reduce levels of C-reactive protein. This is part of protein which is one measure of the risk of a person with diabetes and heart problems. The higher levels of C-reactive protein, the higher the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Therefore, rajinlah laugh though nothing is really funny that can cause us to burst out laughing. Laugh for the little things or to joke that we have ever heard before.
Large statue of Ravana’s army, the leadership of Hanuman monkey, one of the sequences from the epic Ramayana, decorate the main street gate of the Botanical Gardens in Bedugul Tabanan, Bali, late last year.
Kompas.com – A walk in the forest or the shady park by the trees not only soothes the eyes but also healthy body and soul. A series of studies have proved it.
The health benefits of activities to spend some time in a place of green according to the experts come from increasing the body’s immune system. Research shows, phytoncides, the chemical in air that issued the plants to protect them from decay and insect attack, it is also beneficial to humans.
Research conducted in Japan also strengthens the evidence of the benefits of a walk in the park. Activities run in the open as a therapeutic treatment is also called the Shinrin-Yoku or forest bath.
In a study involving 280 researchers healthy people who were divided into two groups. On the first day, they were asked to walk through the woods or shady area by the trees for several hours while others walk in urban areas.
On the second day, the two groups swap places. The researchers found that people who walk in the forest areas, the stress hormone cortisol in their body or lower. In addition, blood pressure and heart rate were also lower them.
Other studies have shown, visit the green for two hours each day will also increase the number of white blood cells, namely natural killer cells of pathogens. Another study mentions, phytoncides exposure for a week will increase the levels of white blood cells.
KOMPAS.com – you are classified as people who can not be separated from the rice? Relax, do not have to force myself eliminate carbs from your diet if you are unable to do so. However, carbohydrates are the nutrients that the macro function is to provide energy for us.
Indeed, what the experts say that carbohydrates cause the fat, they are true. But, that happens when you eat the types that are not recommended, and in copious amounts. If you overeat, without any rice, keep your weight will rise. So, the key is moderation.
To give you rice lovers berlega liver, according to Brierley Wright, MS, RD, Nutrition Communications experts from the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University, there are six reasons why you should still eat carbohydrates.
1. Carbohydrates help to boost mood. Karbo support the production of serotonin, the chemical in the brain that causes feelings of pleasure. Studies of the Archives of Internal Medicine showed that people who undergo low karbo heavy diet for a year (only ate about 1 / 2 cup cooked rice or a slice of bread), tend to experience depression, anxiety, and irritability. Levels far exceeding those who consume low-fat diet high in carbohydrates, which only eat low-fat dairy products, whole grains, fruits, and nuts.
2. Carbohydrates help to prevent weight gain. In fact, help you lose weight. How is this possible? To be sure, researchers from Brigham Young University in Utah, U.S., found that those who increased intake of fiber in general will lose weight. This occurs in middle-aged woman who monitored his diet for two years. Conversely, women who reduced their food intake of fiber from just gained weight.
3. Carbohydrates good for the heart. By increasing the intake of soluble fiber (which can be found in high carbohydrate foods such as oatmeal and peas) as much as 50-10 grams a day, you will reduce levels of bad cholesterol up to 5 percent. Those who ate whole grains (like brown rice) also tend to have levels lower bad cholesterol, and higher good cholesterol.
4. Carbohydrates help to streamline the waist. Eating whole grains helps reduce body fat and abdominal fat, according to new research published in the Journal of Nutrition. In the study said that adults who ate three servings of whole grains a day, has 2.4 percent body fat a little more, and abdominal fat 3.6 percent less, than those who ate less than one-quarter portion.
5. Carbohydrates help to sharpen the memory. Overweight women who underwent low-karbo diet for a week (really do not eat carbs) apparently worse scores on tests of memory (such as: why did I get into this room?). Their value is diminished in visuospatial memory (remember the location in the map test) than those who follow a low calorie diet. This is an indication the American Dietetic Association, who revealed in a study from Tufts University.
6. Carbohydrates helps break down fat. Breakfast with carbohydrates which nature does not raise blood sugar quickly, such as oatmeal or bran cereal, three hours before exercise, will help you burn more fat, according to a study from the Journal of Nutrition. Both types of these foods, like potatoes with skin, bread wheat, pasta wheat, or peas, do not cause blood sugar soaring as fast as when you eat white bread or white rice. In contrast, insulin levels do not rise quickly, and because the role of insulin signaling that the body store fat, make sure that lower insulin levels will help you burn fat.
JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Maybe a lot of questions that came to mind during its development in adolescents. As was confused with the anatomy of sexual organs. Or maybe also wondering about how babies are formed and how the baby’s sex is determined.
Actually, how the importance of sex education for teenagers? Should they get a teaching about the anatomy of sexual organs and sexual reproduction in him?
Learn about how to transform your body – from the time boys and girls reach puberty when they begin to have sexual relations and so forth.
www.sexxie.tv invite you to attend an online seminar with the topic, “Sex Education for Youth (Sex Education For Teens)”, Thursday, July 15, 2010, 12:00 to 13:00 o’clock AM, with Dr. Cherrie Rose Cruz, a pediatrician, who has written numerous articles on children’s health for a leading health magazine in the Philippines such as Health Care and Medical Observer.
Prepare the computer device, internet connection and speakers to attend a presentation from Dr Cherrie about this interesting topic. You too can be free to give questions that will be directly in charge, free!
The first thing that is very important to remember, quitting smoking is not an easy matter. So, if the way the people we love could ‘slip’ a few times, try not to blame and criticize all the effort they’ve done. When they were seen was in trouble, it could still give support and let them know how much we appreciate their efforts.
In order to support us on target, then the channel ‘form of love’ we are in accordance with the conditions they are facing.
To help newly decide to quit:
• Give encouragement to quit smoking gradually. We can start from casual discussions together about how to quit smoking. Give some of the best treatment options we’ve ever read or heard.
• Make sure they know why we want them to stop smoking, and give reasons on how important they are to us.
• To the maximum, do not do long discussion sessions (maximum five minutes), routinely 6-12 months.
• Then, we can also ask about what assistance we can to help them quit.
To help that has been stopped:
• The presence of family and closest friends is a source of support and motivation that are important to someone trying to quit smoking. But, for those who had stopped smoking, comfort is key to the success of their major.
• Divert your mind by getting them to do various fun activities together, such as sports or hobbies, so that cigarette addiction can be diverted.
• Do not forget to give them gifts as a reward for all the accomplishments they have achieved.
• If you are a successful quitter, we can share these valuable experiences, and perceived positive changes. Also, as someone who has been successful, we can also provide tips and tricks to overcome the hard times are like blocking in the middle of the journey.
To help the still relapse:
A success was not achieved easily. If the closest we’ve started to feel desperate and planned to end their struggle against smoking, we can push them back with:
• Give praise for the efforts and achievements that had they tried to get away from cigarettes. And, help fertilizer back confidence and confidence is there that they could do better than this.
• Then, encourage them to start doing the program to stop smoking again. Do not offer the word “If”, it is better immediately ask “When are you going to try the program to quit smoking again?”
• Create a business and learned from their own experiences. The things they learn directly in the field will enable them to achieve success in the future.
• Or, ask them to try to follow intensive care. And sure, they’re really ready to start again